- 1/3 cup tahini butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or other nut butter - hazelnut is delicious!)
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries (no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I omitted these to make it dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut, plus 1/3 cup for coating
Set aside 1/3 cup of coconut for coating. Combine tahini, almond butter, and syrup, mix well. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients well. Form into small balls by hand, and roll in coconut. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden.
These are absolutely delicious, and make a good sized batch.
WARNING: Although very healthy, they still have calories, so keep them as a treat, not a meal.
Make it a meal! Check out my favourite salad recipe!